Because 90% of all your company’s data is unstructured and is doubling exponentially, a methodology of handling unstructured data within and between other organizations must be adopted to enable additional strategic business value to be extracted on a continuous basis. The system required is a discipline of Enterprise Information Management (EIM). SDI can help your organization to capture, manage, preserve and create useful information for your Enterprise that will integrate with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other systems utilized to primarily manage structured data. The closer and tighter the connections between EIM and ERP data, the more valuable the information garnered will lower costs for IT and reduce the risk of mismanaged information within the organization.
The key is to model a plan that will address to the capacity to adapt, manage and contain unstructured content in a central, authoritative Enterprise Information Management system which will:
- Avoid the digital landfill
- Select an appropriate information architecture
- Target the unstructured information that will advance your business
Our Information Architects will assist your organization to control the sheer volume, variety and velocity of unstructured data within your organization. We will help you pick an appropriate strategy to manage the information data flows using auto classification of content, workflow, semantic analysis, semantic navigation, search and records management.
In addition to developing a plan for dealing with your “Big Data” needs, once developed and contained, providing an appropriate Security program to protect that data. Deploying an appropriate EIM solution will protect the data within the organization, over the air and over the wire utilizing appropriate encryption, permission and access control, audit facilities and other stringent security measures.
- A comprehensive Enterprise Information Management program will:
- Drive reuse of information
- Ensure Content Authenticity and Security
- Preserve Knowledge and Intellectual Property
- Establish a method to integrate with ERP
- Improve Quality, Content Management and Records Management
- Enable and Ensure Compliance
- Develop a base of Actionable Information
- Enable Informed Action and Speedy Decisions
- Provide for Sematic Navigation and Auto-Classification
- Quickly Adapt to Business Changes
Let the SDI team help you achieve your content goals. To find out more, please contact us.