Streamlined Technical Documentation
From evolving communications equipment to new electronic warfare defense systems, the United States Government relies on updated technical documentation. SDI Government Solutions’ team of project managers, technical writers and editors, graphic artists and quality assurance specialists provide complete interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) support, as well as technical manuals. We use the latest techniques and compliance standards to produce engaging interactive manuals that support a fully Net Centric future while still remaining simple enough for clients to use them.
Our technical documentation services include:
- Complete technical documentation creation from source data research to XML conversion, development and validation
- Use of specially developed semantic tagging and mapping tools that greatly reduce the time spent preparing documents, cutting costs for the customer without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work with any commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or government-owned tools to accommodate the customer’s needs and preferences
- Seamless conversion to a wide variety of Department of Defense-approved formats, including MIL-STD-2361, S1000D, MIL-STD-3031 and the MIL-STD-40051-2, Change 3
- SCORM-compliance to allow for simple content reuse
- Auditing and quality assurance protocols that trace and control all revisions and automatically catch errors before the documentation is released while allowing the customer to monitor the progress online
- Creation of sophisticated videos, narrations and 3D graphics to help Warfighters fully understand IETMs in the field
- Use of common source databases that reduce long-term maintenance costs and allow for several output types based on the same original data
- Seamless integration with mobile applications, computer-based training (CBT) modules and augmented reality and virtual reality products
SDI Government Solutions requires our technical and production teams to work together on all technical documentation projects. This tight collaboration ensures accurate information through validation and testing, catching any informational errors that would otherwise go unnoticed. The greatest benefit: your technical documentation will make sense to the end user because it accurately reflects the real-life systems they are using.
SDI Government Solutions is an industry leader in XML conversion. Unlike many other information providers, our team of technical writers and editors is skilled in creating, editing and converting XML files to S1000D, MIL-STD-2361, MIL-STD-40051-2, Change 3. SDI Government Solutions is one of the only companies in the nation to provide documentation that is both SCORM- and S1000D-compliant.
Our documentation conversion projects utilize advanced design tools and can be formatted to a variety of military standards and other outputs. Our online auditing tools allow customers to track the conversion progress and monitor the project’s overall direction remotely. After releasing the final version to the client, we continue to provide superior ongoing support to ensure the product is performing to the highest standards.
To learn how SDI Government Solutions can improve your organization’s technical documentation, please visit us online or call 908-754-9500.